top of page

US CPA Vs. Canadian CPA

Only US Certified Public Accountant (CPA) having license from USA and authorized by US revenue authority (IRS) is professionally most competent for US tax issue.

On the contrary, Canadian Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) is an outcome of a recent unification of three Canadian accounting bodies (CA, CMA, CGA). Any Canadian certified accountant (CA, CMA, CGA) is allowed to use CPA designation beside his/her CA, CMA or CGA designation.

Therefore, US tax or cross-border client should make sure tax preparer’s US CPA credential in addition to Canadian credential so that he/she understand both US-Canada perspective with a view to minimize net US-Canada tax and to avoid double taxation. with a view to reduce net US-Canada tax.

bottom of page